- Our Providers
About Dr. Elzaim
Dr. Elzaim earned a B.S. with honors in Biology and premedical science from the Lebanese American University. He earned a Master of Science degree in Human Anatomy from the American University of Beirut. He then moved to Galveston, Texas and enrolled at the University of Texas Medical Branch. While at UTMB, Dr. Elzaim conducted quality medical research that was published in well respected peer review journals. He left UTMB in 2002 after earning a Ph.D. in Microbiology & Immunology and M.D. with honors. Dr. Elzaim completed his Orthopaedic Residency training at Baylor College of Medicine in the heart of the Houston Medical Center. He was awarded the Hugh Tullos Award by the department of orthopaedic surgery.
Dr. Elzaim enjoys jogging, biking, kayaking, boating, and traveling/spending quality time with his wife and children.
Board Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon
Dr. Haissam S. Elzaim enjoys practicing all orthopaedic subspecialties particularly joint replacement, sports medicine, trauma, foot and ankle, and hand surgery. His training at BCM provided him with unmatched experience in dealing with complicated trauma cases including long bones fractures, polytrauma, complicated bony and soft tissues injuries to the hand (including carpal bones fractures/dislocations and nerve lacerations), periarticular fractures (including acetabular, Pilon, and tibial plateau fractures).
Dr. Elzaim's training at the Veterans Affairs Hospital and the Private Hospitals affiliated with BCM provided him with hands-on experience in elective orthopaedic procedures including joint replacement (including minimally invasive), shoulder and knee arthroscopy and arthroscopy assisted procedures (including rotator cuff repair, Bankart/SLAP repair, and ACL reconstruction), and hand procedures (including CTR, ECTR, LRTI, DeQuervain and Trigger finger release, as well as reconstruction and arthrodesis).
Dr. Elzaim is married to Diana Elzaim, a pediatrician who practices in Cleveland and is currently seeing patients at Calvary Medical Clinic.
Undergraduate Degree in BiologyLebanese American University (formerly known as Beirut University College)
Master Degree in Human MorphologyAmerican University of Beirut
PhD in MicrobiologyUniversity of Texas Medical Branch
Medical DegreeUniversity of Texas Medical Branch
Orthopaedic Surgery ResidencyBaylor College of Medicine
Honors and Awards
- Hugh S. Tullos Award, Dept of Orthopaedic Surgery, BCM Houston 2007
- Elected Member Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society, UTMB Galveston 2002
- Elected member Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society, UTMB Galveston 2002
- Medical Doctor (MD) degree w/ Honors, UTMB Galveston 2002
- Paul E. Strandjord Young Investigator Award by the American Society of Clinical Laboratory Physicians and Scientists, Galveston 2000
- Travel Award by the American Society for Microbiology, Maui 1999
- Kazko Arai Memorial Award, UTMB Galveston 1999
- Student Performing at Maximum (SPAM) Award, UTMB Galveston 1998
- Travel Award by the American Society for Microbiology, Atlanta 1998
- Bachelor of Science w/ Honor, 1992
- Hariri Educational Foundation Honors List, 1990
- Dr. Elzaim was recently inducted as a Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) on February 8, 2012
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Texas Medical Association
- Harris County Medical Society
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- American Medical Association